2010 Review of Social Web Thing
The beginning of a new year is always a good time to look back and reflect, so I was pleased to receive an email a couple of days ago from the ‘stats helper monkeys’ at WordPress which kindly produced an automated, but nonetheless insightful and data driven review of Social Web Thing’s performance for 2010.
In my daily role I’m fascinated by the large volumes of information that we increasingly have at our fingertips and more importantly how this can be used to inform future strategy – and I fully intend to utilise the data below to shape the direction of Social Web Thing.
- Social Web Thing received 28,857 views
- There were 63 new posts
- The busiest day of the year was 28 December with 743 views
- The most popular post that day was Fantastic e-portfolio tool integrated with Linked In
- So you want to work in PR? Here’s my 10 Top Tips – 40 comments and 4 Likes
- 2011 PR Grad Schemes – 14 comments
- 2010 PR Grad Schemes – 20 comments
- 10 Free Social Media Monitoring Tools – 23 comments and 4 Likes
- 10 Tips to Boost Your Personal SEO – 35 comments and 3 Likes
Top referring sites
- linked In
Top search terms
- social web thing
- pr graduate schemes
- pr graduate schemes 2011
- ben cotton
- personal seo
I’m pleased to say that the report reaffirmed much of what I already knew about the blog; namely the types of posts people like, what sites refer traffic and the terms people are searching for. In a nutshell, people seem to like posts that offer tips or advice on landing a PR or Social Media role. Nonetheless, the numbers have proven insightful and give me food for thought for 2011.