3M PocketProjector MP180 Review
Recently, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to review the new 3M PocketProjector MP180. After a couple of weeks using the projector in my day to day role, which frequently involves creating and presenting decks for colleagues, clients and new business pitches, I thought now would be a great time to share my views on the projector.
First things first. What you’ll notice initially about the 3M PocketProjector MP180 is its size. It compares favourably to the iPhone and is very lightweight, making it perfect for presenting on the move. But to focus solely on the projector’s portability does not do it justice. It’s more than just a portable device.
The 3M PocketProjector MP180 is equipped with wi-fi, bluetooth and PowerPoint/PDF/MS Office reader and an impressive 4GB internal memory, so you can literally present anywhere; without the hassle of large projectors, cables and laptops. Throw in the projector’s two hour battery life and you begin to think that 3M have thought of pretty much everything with this fantastic projector.
Initially, I used the projector at work for presentations, however, more recently I’ve taken to using it at home to watch movies and view photos. Whilst, some people say the 3M PocketProjector MP180 isn’t a replacement for a full-powered projector found in most offices, I’ve found the projector great to use at meetings, my desk and with friends. In fact, it’s a great piece of kit and if your company frequently gives presentations on the go, it would certainly be worth taking a closer look.
At £371.99, the 3M PocketProjector MP180 is not cheap, but if you’re looking for a high-end projector that literally answers all your presenting requirements and some more, then this is it. It’s exceptionally portable, versatile and above all, useful.
3M PocketProjector MP180 product features:
- Brightness: 32 lumens of brightness produces a large 80″ screen size.
- Power: A full 2 hour battery life makes the MP180 the ultimate pocket projector.
- Media: Download content from your favourite digital media sources: PCs, DVD players, Apple® products, digital cameras and mobiles.
- Convenience: Transfer your files by either Bluetooth® connection or conventional cables… and go!
- Connectivity: This bundle includes the 3M Apple Cable – easily allows projection from iPad, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iTouch
- Web browsing: Access web pages and project streamed content via MP180’s enabled Wi-FITM.
- Control: 2.4″ LED touch screen provides straightforward navigation.
- Sound: Fully equipped with 1.5 Watt integral speakers. Alternatively, connect to external speakers.
- Office: Built-in apps for projecting popular business software including Adobe® PDF, Microsoft Word®, PowerPoint® and Excel®.
- Storage: A full 4GB of built-in memory and a micro SD card slot for expanded memory.
SWT readers can get a £29.99 discount off a 3M MP180 pocket projector from Personal Projector. This special offer will also includes a £34 3M iPhone/iPad AV cable to connect to your projector and is available until 31 August.
Simply follow this link and use ‘3M19’ as the discount code.
Disclosure: 3M have allowed me to keep the PocketProjector MP180.