Internship at Edelman Digital
My Edelman Digital colleagues have a paid internship available for somebody to work in the London office across several accounts; assisting with content, reporting, community management, idea generation and a lot more.
The team is looking for someone with a qualification in Media, PR, Marketing or a related discipline, but are more than happy to talk to bright people with other qualifications too. The ideal candidate will have a solid grasp of digital, social media and Web 2.0 tools, as well as superior research (qualitative and quantitative), writing and editing skills.
They need somebody who can work effectively with team members and clients, and who is highly organised, detail-oriented and a self-starter with the ability to efficiently manage multiple deadlines. The candidate will also have experience in using tools such as MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel, as well as an understanding of other digital tools.
Also, in an era where unpaid internships are unfortunately all too common, I’m proud to say that my employer has publicly committed to pay the minimum wage to interns and subsequently, this internship pays £15k per year.
The main responsibilities are:
- Assist with in basic community management and updating to Facebook pages and Twitter channels
- Involvement in every aspect of creating and implementing innovative content plans and campaigns
- Prepare and/or review all client reports, including but not limited to activity reports, monthly reports and status reports, incorporating audience and sentiment analysis
- Assist with content plan
- Develop understanding of client’s internal organisation, business and sector
- Work with client on day-to-day basis
- Manage work process, supporting senior account team members as appropriate
- Keep account team abreast of timelines and deadlines
- Analyse key word research
- Exhibit effective project management working closely with account teams
- Analyse market research including using online services
I know and have worked with the team during my time at Edelman and can vouch that it’s a fun, exciting, challenging and fast-paced environment; a great way to cut your teeth in the world of digital and work with some fantastic clients.
If you’re interested in the internship, drop Eamonn Carey an email at Eamonn.Carey@edelman.com