My Objectives for 2013
I started this post at the tail-end of 2012, but have only just got round to completing it now. I’m a firm believer that the end of a year is a fantastic time to take stock, reflect on the previous 12 months and think about the year ahead.
For me, 2012 was very memorable. I landed a new role, developed my thinking around influencer engagement, communications measurement, crisis management, and taking a data driven approach to content, as well as deepened my knowledge of Google AdWords and Analytics.
Whilst it is important to look back at what went well and learn from whatever didn’t, it is even more important to look at the coming twelve months and what that may bring. But it’s no good just sitting back and hoping, it’s also a great opportunity to have a plan and map out objectives (SMART, of course) and for the coming year I want to accomplish the following:
- Learn more about the insurance industry: pass the Professional Certificate in Insurance (APA)
- Gain a deeper understanding of Google Analytics: pass the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ)
- Obtain my driving licence
- Get healthier: complete the Dublin marathon
- See more of the world: visit two new countries
There’s a nice mix of both professional and personal, and I look forward to revisiting these in 2014 and seeing how the year ahead unfolds.